Most Wednesdays, my son and I head out to the Holland Farmer's Market to get some fresh fruit. This week the blueberries had finally arrived. Before kids, I would pick my own each July and freeze them for blueberry pancakes all winter long. Probably won't get to do that anytime soon. The Farmer's Market was the next best thing. The blueberries were huge, just like I would pick them myself. They are a favorite food and are never turned down. Below is a recipe I found in a mag this month that I made with the rest of the blueberries and some strawberries too.
Topping:
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup quick cook oats
1/4 cup flour
5 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp cinn.
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. salt
Filling:
5 cups fresh fruit, chopped (I didn't chop the bbs)
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp oj
1/2 tsp. orange zest (optional, did fine w/out it)
Heat oven 400
Combine all topping ing. in med. bowl- should get crumbly
In a 8inch square combine all filling ing. sprinkle topping over it
Bake until the dish is bubbly and topping is crisp about 40 min.
Serve with whip or ice cream
Next time I make it, I would up the quantity of topping as I like more crunch, but otherwise it was easy and excellent!
No comments:
Post a Comment