Monday, August 24, 2009

Dog days of summer AKA Marley and me

So pretty much each week day this summer bebe and I and the dog have gone for a walk. Many of you know that our dog is not the most obedient but has been mellowing out lately. Today on our way back to the house something caught his attention as we passed a wooded lot. He started to go for it, the bite collar kicked in and we began to struggle. This is usually tense, but something I can manage fairly well. Not so much today. The gd bite collar came undone and he took off. Most days I take my cell with me but not today so I was out of luck as far as calling a neighbor to come get the baby in the stroller while I search for the gd dog. We wandered around trying to coax him to come back and finally I began walking back towards our house. The dog followed- I use the term very loosely- and thankfully at one point while we were totally in someone else's yard a car pulled up and I was able to do the whole "look who's here" bit and get him to come over. I put the collar back on him and we made it safely home. Some days I hate this dog, please someone tell hubby we don't ever need another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment