Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I have a blog? Really?

So I guess I need to update this thing. Work has been so busy and for the past few weeks any minute after kids' bedtimes has been spent writing my evaluation project so the last thing I have wanted to do was spend more time typing anything.
Of note- Bieber went on a 4-5 day nursing strike that had me in frequent tears as I am not yet ready to be done nursing. Why do people automatically think you just stop nursing when these things happen? I got weird comments from people at work like maybe it is just time to switch to formula- as if I would quit this close to the one year mark. I think it was just a teething issue, but we've all also been dealing with a hella-cold that has serious breathing implications for babies who can't be propped up on pillows. We seem to have turned the corner on that, all except me who is dealing with seasonal allergies on top of that.
Annual neighborhood garage sale helped us say goodbye to some baby things, furniture and garage junk that we were thrilled to get rid of. Other than a few key baby items I think I can unload on craigslist we bagged the rest of it up and took it to goodwill the every next day. I said farewell to all of my small pre-kids purses including two coach purses from the late 90s and early 2000s. Can you believe I used to have discretionary income to burn on stuff like that? Last night with only 10 minutes to spare I remembered I had an appointment set up for a pedicure at the salon. I made it downtown in record time and was only a few minutes late. Got all caught up on the gossip mags I won't spend money on and booked another one on the way out. Why is it I never thought to book these on an evening during the week before? Saturdays are too busy with so much do get done, but a Monday night ritual pedicure complete with leg massage was divine. See you in 4 weeks Miss Cassie!

No comments:

Post a Comment