Today Bieber officially turned 6 months old. He celebrated by blowing out 3 separate outfits today! He awoke early about 6:15 for the first blow out, then on 2 other occasions when putting him down for his naps I discovered he had been a busy and stinky boy. He also got to stay home with daddy and watch some of the state game,while C and I went downtown to the Kerstmarkt which is modeled after a European open air Christmas market. It was cooold! So we shopped quickly for C's presents for grandparents, Auntie Liz, daddy and baby B. We also picked up some apple cider and some veggies for turkey noodle soup tomorrow. C impressed all the vendors by being sure to say thank you and even got a free felted snowman magnet from one of the nice ladies at a woolen accessories stand. It was fun and I think it is the start of a new family tradition. It was also the first successful time that C wore mittens. We were never able to keep them on him in the past, but even he could tell it was really cold and he needed his "socks" on his hands.
Back at the ranch I made sure to take some measurements and pics of Bieber. If my measurements are accurate his head is 42.5 cm and his length is 26 1/4 " Didn't get on the scale with him so I'm not sure on the weight, but his thighs and cheeks have filled out nicely so I am guessing that he might be around 17-18 lbs by now.
We've been busy, painting the kitchen yellow and shopping for new accessories. We also hosted Grandma and Grandpa for a lovely thanksgiving feast and play time. It was probably not the best time to paint the kitchen, but alas there just aren't that many days we can send the kids to daycare when we are both home. We also helped C rearrange the furniture in his room and ditch the remaining baby items that were lurking about. Bye bye changing pad, unused bumpers and quilts, diapers and training pants. It is hard to handle sometimes how quickly it all goes by. I am excited for him to learn so many new things, but just want to hang on to my little guy.
Our newest cousin arrived yesterday, still waiting to hear the details on that! All in all, an excellent Thanksgiving break!
No comments:
Post a Comment