Monday, the much anticipated first tooth broke through just in time for Christmas. In general he has handled it pretty well. He's been a little more vocal at night, but none of the crying and only sleeping when held that lil C went through with his first tooth. I do think the second one is also on the way. Thought I could see it yesterday, but on closer inspection saw that it wasn't through yet. This weekend marks the beginning of B's 7th month. I spent this morning reflecting on our time in the hospital and wondering what that was like for C to come and see mommy and his new brother in the hospital. The summer was definitely a time of adjusting but right now things seem good. With B reaching for everything and soon to be crawling I do think we are going to be experiencing some melt downs as C is asked to share his toys more and more. Already we
are seeing glimpses of this when B reaches for a toy that C has out, even if he isn't currently playing with it, it becomes an issue of "mine."
Tuesday sent the boys to daycare so I could finish the shopping and ended up discovering a few more stores of note in Holland. Canterbury Cottage and kids is an upscale decor store that also sells high end baby gifts. Was tempted to buy a few things for the ladies at work expecting babies, but resisted and moved on. Stopped into 2 resale clothing stores and at Peek a Boutique scored a look a like extra blankie for C, although I was looking for stuff for B. They had some cute handmade baby hats but at this point, B does not need any more monkey hats though he does look so cute in them! Also checked out Bumblebeas which is a huge resale store for kids and moms. It was really quite overwhelming and since I was just browsing I wasn't that into it. But I may have discovered a way to make some cash off of the maternity clothes taking up space in the basement.
No comments:
Post a Comment