Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Happy New Year
Babies make for early new years celebrations. I made it up for the ball drop then headed off to bed within the next 15 minutes or so. With both 2008 and 2010 it was kind of sad to see the year end as both were great years for our little family. But time marches on and we are back at it... the daily grind of work and daycare, dinner & bath time. Speaking of bath time- getting Lil C ready for bed has turned into an hour long, not so fun anymore production so tonight I had this ingenious idea of adding a timer to the event. We simply told him that all of activities had to happen before the timer went off. When the timer went off we had to be in bed. It actually worked. Not knowing if it would light a fire under his butt or not, I first set it for 15 minutes, but ended up adding about 7 minutes to it once I could see it was working and we were going to proceed through reading time without any major melt downs. Seriously, if we can keep it going I will be thrilled. He is a little crazy when he is tired and we find it challenging to get him calmed down and by the end of it I am on edge. He's a great sleeper, but lately I don't look forward to the process of getting him there. Fingers crossed please!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment