Friday, February 4, 2011
Snowfreezyicetastic AKA Blizzard 2011
Thank you arctic winds from the north east for your 40 mph gusts, 15.9 inches of snow and 5 foot drifts. We have had 3 glorious days off work/daycare this week and are headed into the weekend. It was to be a busy day if I did have to go in, so I was most grateful for the late phone call this morning. I was just about to blow dry my hair when the robo call came in. My WOOD-TV8 text had been blowing up first for the other cancellations, so I was taken off guard when the phone began ringing instead. Wednesday night we were alerted about 9pm that we weren't going to have school Thursday so all last night I was intrigued by the closing going across the screen. Got pretty excited when I saw that HPS and some charter schools had already called off. We're almost out of bread and have no bananas so a trip to the grocery store is in order and I'm getting a little stir crazy too since I haven't left the house since Tuesday. Confession, not a big fan of leaving the house with two kids in the middle of winter. Since I refuse to put the infant carrier on the shopping cart since my instruction booklet specifically says not to, and you read/hear horror stories of babies flipping over and out- that does limit the space in a shopping cart when you put the carrier in the basket. I am anxiously awaiting warmer weather when B can be taken out of the carrier and sit in the cart, but then what of C? Always something new to figure out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment