Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Potty Training

So we began potty training by default. Daycare and I had been discussing it, how to, recommendations etc. So then the next time he went she just started it. So that afternoon upon arriving home we continued it. We are doing pull-ups for daytime and night dipes at night until the nighttime is mostly dry, then we will begin with the nighttime pullup pants. We made a big deal about getting the pull-ups as a present along with cool sponge-bob soap dispenser and special wipes for after a poop in the potty only. The flushable kind. Luckily, I already had this stash of stuff, just waiting for the perfect moment to start. For his birthday he also got some books about going to the potty and to survive this summer of new baby attention, I also got him the Elmo Potty DVD which he loves to watch b/c Elmo's daddy is in it and he is so cool to lil C.

I like the Target Brand pull-ups and the Huggies brand the best. The Pampers ones are too much like diapers and very fragrant. The Target ones are not that much cheaper, so I'll definitely do huggies if they are on sale or i have coupons. I have also found that upsizing was needed in all 3 brands as C is right on the edge of the weight requirements and is long- otherwise plumber crack was in affect and poop came right out the back. Yuck!

Really there has been poop on our new carpet numerous times b/c he just won't go on the potty and often avoids adults after he has pooped in his pants. Sometimes you just don't know until you smell it, sometimes on the floor, sometime still safely in his pants.

We have yet to tackle peeing on a public potty, but luckily has been in there often enough with us that I don't think the noises will trip him out. I did get a folding potty seat for the diaper bag too so he won't have to worry about falling in. For a kid who has never actually seen a Diego show, he sure has a lot of Diego shit to help him shit ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment