Thursday, March 31, 2011
Pacis, Puke and a Possum
Last week, the boys and I returned home from our day to find about 6 nasty puke spots from Murphy. He had knocked everything off one of Bieber's shelves to get at the 2 pacis that were perched there for safe keeping. For the record, he loves pacis and will eat the nipples and leave the hard plastic parts in little piles. Our solution for this was to put them up on the shelves so they were safe. On this fine day though the baby monitor camera was half way across the room, the clock was face down stopped at 7:30 am which means that in less than 30 minutes of our departure that morning he had succeeded in his quest, and yes there were the remains of the two pacis. This was not your ordinary dog vomit, these stains were dark (perhaps with blood) and our spray carpet cleaning solution was doing nothing but spreading the mess. It was all I could do not to puke myself. This left us with one useable paci since B is super picky and his particular pacis are hard to find. They come with protective caps so you can't see the shape of the nipple until you buy them and open them. (This leaves us with a total of 8 that are the wrong damn kind, he just spits them back out.) Anyway...back to the story, so it was also my night to get my hair did, so I put B to bed said adieu to C-dizzle and tried to get some new pacis at Walgreens in an attempt to save myself a trip all the way to target. No dice, as soon as I opened the package I could tell they weren't the ones he likes. So I get my hair done and begin the journey to Target at 9:00 at night. Hello...that's like my bedtime. So I'm driving around suburban Holland, haulin a little ass...and yes, you guessed it an unlucky possum crossed my path and thunked somewhere underneath my car. Ick, ick, ick. I got to target and inspected the car half expecting to see fur and blood and guts, but luckily saw nothing. Ran in and for the love of god they were out of his particular pacis. So I bought two different possibilities and luckily one was ok, but a little small, more of a newborn, infant size, but the right nipple shape. So I got home with no further animal issues and boiled them up to be ready for the handful of times each night that I pop in to replace his paci. Fast forward to Saturday morning and C and I are like the first people at Kohls so we can buy a stinking carpet cleaning machine to at least clean the carpet if not get it back to its original color. And all week long I've been hiding the pacis before we leave in what I hope are dog proof locations. He's seriously lucky that he didn't do some damage to himself. Not the brightest pup in the pack, but he sure is persistent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment